Wednesday, February 9, 2011

6mm Napoleonics Project (2 Years and Running)

Around 3 years ago I discovered Baccus. No, not the ancient Greek god of partying like a rock star. But the modern manufacturer of quality 6mm scale miniatures, obviously the far cooler Baccus. My first purchase was the ACW box set from the now gone Old Rivertown Minis. After some fiddling in the ACW arena I finally made the decision to ruin my financial future and get into Napoleonics. This was my first venture into the era and I knew little else but that there were a lot of options and foreign words involved.     
French Battalions next to pipe cleaner trees based on 3mm foam.
I chose to start with the French (of course!) and Prussians, because who doesn't like the Germans? The above picture was my first test base. I chose to use the Fast Play Grand Armee rules set because I liked the command and control elements, wanted larger battles, and free is always good.
Closer look at the trees.

I may not have mentioned this before, but I hate painting minis. Im not very good at it and my attention span does not allow me to paint like some of you for hours on end. Hell, I'm barely able to get through this blog post without jumping onto Steam to play Day of Defeat for an hour.

Anyway, after much delay, several side projects, geek space renovations, etc I was able to complete a grand total of 5 Infantry bases and 2 cavalry.
Pictured: 2 Years of Effort
Not to say Im not very satisfied with the results. Im just annoyed it took me 2 years to get to this point. Now all I need is another 2 years to get to the same point with my Prussians.










Close up of Le Petite Armee de Nick














Fear my poorly painted Chasseurs and Hussars.

No comments:

Post a Comment